|A 'temple mound' close to the Dickson Mounds|
(Photo: R. Schreg, 2010)
- http://cgfa.ilga.gov/upload/FacClosPublicComments.html Instructions to submitt a comment (before July 22nd) can be found at Talking points for submitting comments: Cut and paste - https://savetheillinoisstatemuseum.wordpress.com/2015/06/29/talking-points-for-your-public-comments/
- http://petitions.moveon.org/sign/governor-rauner-dont.fb48 - Please support!
- Blog: https://savetheillinoisstatemuseum.wordpress.com/
- Letters of support from the participating Associations:http://www.historians.org/news-and-advocacy/statements-and-resolutions-of-support-and-protest/letter-of-concern-regarding-the-possible-closure-of-the-illinois-state-museum-%28june-2015%29
- Letters to the Commission: http://cgfa.ilga.gov/upload/ILStateMuseumFacClosPublicComments.pdf
- Media reports
- D. Grimm, Ancient bobcat buried like a human being. Science Magazine (2 July 2015). - http://news.sciencemag.org/archaeology/2015/07/ancient-bobcat-buried-human-being "Unfortunately, further work on the bobcat may not be possible. The museum where the bones are housed is facing a shutdown due to state budget cuts, and Perri says she can no longer access the samples. Public groups and museum staff are fighting hard to stop the closure, she says."
It does not make any sense to close the ISM...
Original German blogpost at Kultur als Streichpotential - Governor Rauner und das Illinois State Museum. Archaeologik (26 June 2015)